Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, November 24, 2005

my...what? huh?


I look before i sit on the edge of the cot. I smile as i poke my boyfriend who is laying down.


"Hey daddy." I laugh.
He smiles for the briefest of seconds before he churns out, "no!"
I laugh harder. It feels good to laugh. Or maybe i'm just that morbid; that i would find this even the slighest bit high-larious.

*reverse chronological order to about an hour ago*

I sat with my legs over the edge of the seat, letting the rain soak through. I should know better, but my leg hurts to much to move.

(two by two, hands of blue...)

"Is that all that hurts? your leg?"
"Yeh." I mumbled numbly.
"How's your dad?" he asks.

I look at him oddly. Then i cast a glance behind me to where my s.o. is sitting. Then i surpress i laugh. "No, my boyfriend hit his head." I corrected.
"oh. it's dark. You looked young."

I suppose with braids and my hood casting a shadow over my face, i do look young. But young enough that my one and twenty boyfriend looks old enough to be my dad? ridiculous!

*reverse chronological order to about an half an hour ago*

"Do you think this makes me look younger?" I ask my boyfriend.
"What? no. It's cute." He says.

I look at him in the mirror. He is smiling at me. But i think wearing two braids makes me look younger. I shrug, and hope it will get me bigger tips for looking cute.

*foward in time*

i take a plastic measure and tape it to my leg. then i try to take a picture. i fail. i can't see to capture the 'beauty' of my seven inch bruise that complements my skin tone so well. Now, a few days later, my leg doesn't hurt to talk on. I hadn't even know a bruise to make walking difficult.

Then again, i did not know what it felt like the be the patient inside the ambulance either.

That was, until monday night.

*and back in time again*
we were going to work. It had bene raining all day, and it hadn't let up. It was cold, and growing dark, nearly 4:45.

You know it's bad when it doens't happen fast. It happened agonzingly slow, that i can actually still recall the moment i held my breath and forced myself to relax.

Didn't want to have bilateral femur fractures.

I watched the jersey wall become imbedded into the front of our car. Or rather, we smashed against it. somehow comical, when you are me. At somepoint, we got out of the car. much to our surprise, that was not the only thing embedded somwhere. There was a jeep, radiator deep into the back tailight of the from which vehicle we got out.

Not so commical if you are part of the three mile backup caused by and accident on a major two-lane semi highway.

In either case, we ended up in the hospital. I made it to a room, but due tot he high volume, they left my poor boyfriend out in the hallway. Then again, i think he was happy when he could stare at somethign besides whatever was directly above him. Being strapped to a backboard is apparently boring, if not painful.

*foward again*

in either case, i made it a point to mention when i said i didn't want t go to work today, that wasn't what i had in mind.

even he laughed at that.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane added two cents...

Once, when my dad and I were in a car (he was driving me to work at CT), we got hit by another car. The guy in the other car assumed that I was my dad's wife instead of his daughter. I am not sure how you can account for that, so I understand how you could be mistaken for the daughter of your boyfriend, odd as that may seem. People who experience accidents don't always think straight, and appearntly have a bad grasp on judging age.

23:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home