Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, March 12, 2006

one by one hurrah, hurrah

It was just one. It marached across my desk triumpantly. It carried part of a cheese puff from a week ago. I sqaushed it, thought nothing of it.
Then it was two. The ants go marching two by two, hurrah, hurrah... I squashed him, like his breathen before him. He too became forgotten. Two weeks passed, and i killed one ant here and there as they traversed the deep chasam of my desk. I put a trap, and vaccumed up any food bits my untidy self had left about.
Today i killed four; all within the span of ten minutes. Now i was getting all sort of uncomfortable. I had previously looked about the floor for entrance marks, or telltale signs where these ants were coming from. I had scanned the windows from the direction they seemed to forage from. Previously, i had found nothing.
Now, as i casually glanced to the one window i hadn't checked, i found four of them. They were bigger and they had wings. Nasty, big, black ants. Ick. I ran into the office with cries similar to a four year old; "daaaaaddddy...". He complained about my messy room, but disregarded it when he saw the ants. He held up the vinesian blind where they were sitting on, and turned to me, and now mom; "Carpender ants" he said solemnly. As he did so, i noticed they scurried into the small hole at the end of the bottom part. I told him so. Ick. He left and returned with the vaccum.
Unecisarily to add, the vaccuum made quick work of the ants. He went outside to dispose of them and i--afraid of the slightest caress of my hair on my arm now-- returned to my own self. Vaguely i hear him calling from somewhere, and went to invesitagte. He was outside, looking deep into the abyss of the disasembled wet/dry vac. He pointed and i peered inside.
Hundreds of ants swarmed inside the bright yellow container. Ick! I closed my eyes and tried not to wonder how many more thousands were possibly still crawling inside my room somewhere.

Ick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane added two cents...

Sounds not pleasenat at all. Dad's are good for "emergency's" like that though.

20:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home